Guidelines for Open Morris (OM) Area Reps
An Aide Memoire for new team members and longstanding experienced Area Reps alike.
The role of an OM Area Rep includes:
- Acting as a conduit between OM members in their area and the OM Officers, passing on queries, information and complaints from OM to members and vice versa.
- Making personal contact with OM members in their area as appropriate, according to their personal preference and capacity.
- Making every effort to attend OM Officials’ Meetings either in person or electronically.
- When requested to do so, assisting Officers in decision making. Please note that this does not include a formal right to vote on Committee decisions.
- Promoting OM in their area wherever possible.
Encouraging teams in their area to engage with OM and to contribute to the magazine, website events page and discussions etc.
- So far as possible, providing assistance to committee members when requested eg assisting at meetings, providing equipment.
- Writing reports for AGM and other meetings, Dancing On! magazine and the website, as requested.
Not interfering with, or advising on, the internal politics of any OM member side.
NB: In all matters, Area Reps will be guided and instructed by and responsible to the Committee.